Details Details Details!
Everyone interacts with mascots – at the ballpark, in theme parks, at events and on television. We have an educated eye for mascots. We all know a great mascot when we see one.
Here at AvantGarb, we design and produce only custom-made, original mascot costumes. Attention to the original, signature details is what makes a mascot come alive. We pay attention to the details – the way it looks and how easily it can be worn.
Alright already! How much does a mascot cost?
The 1st mascot takes close to a jillion hours to make. Additional ones take a little less time.
However, there are exceptions:
- A beverage can like a beer or soda will be less, and if you order a six pack we’ll give you a great deal!
- A truck mascot with blinking lights and a remote controlled horn, may be more.
Cost depends on complexity of design, cost of materials and a whole list of variables we think of as the Mascot Ingredients
- Does the fabric need to be custom-dyed?
- Do you have a character that has unique pattern/print that has to be copied on a mascot-sized shirt. We can do that – and the pattern will be scaled to mascot-size, too!
- Do you want lights in the mascot?
- Are there moving parts?
- If you already have a design, we may make teensy changes to make it wearable on a human
- You may know you want a mascot, but aren’t sure what the mascot is.
- Complexity of design.
* We will provide you with a file of the approved design. you may use the image on signage, online, clothing, promo items, etc
If you need a mascot design, we collaborate with you on
the design. We draw from your vision to create a dynamite graphic and bring the mascot graphic to life as a full sized mascot.
Once we know what the mascot looks like, will send you fabric, fuzz & fur samples for your approval.
Then the fun really begins —- we will start making the mascot:
We get out the kraft paper and the rulers and the curves to make the patterns.
- The sewing machines whirr, the foam , fuzz & fabric fly, the eyes get painted and we even thread our needles for hours of hand-stitching.
We sculpt the head, get the tilt of the ear just right. We place the interior helmet and make sure the performer has good vision and ventilation.
Making changes to the mascot design?
The mascot design is not set in stone. We will work with you and your team on refinements & changes. Want bigger ears? A different color shirt? Sneakers instead of paws? It can all be done.
If you need additional duplicate mascot costumes, cost is usually somewhere between $4,000 – $8,000 each depending on how many duplicate mascots you order and complexity of the mascot.
- Your mascot needs to be at 2 or 3 place at the same time.
- If you are using your mascot for extended periods of time with different performers.
- When there is an intense performance schedule – One mascot can be active while the other is getting cleaned or repaired.
If you have an active, strategic program for your mascot, consider duplicate mascots.
…and a nice perk!
We can create a vector file of the approved mascot design. The graphic design may be used on promo, signs, website and printed materials, clothing, plush toys, etc. It’s a nice little perk!
Lights? Action? Magic!
Does your mascot need lights and sound? Do the eyes need to move? Do the wings need to
flutter? Does the nose need to wiggle? We can make that can happen.
Ready to start, give us a call: 317-423-2276