Think about your marketing goals.
Investment in a custom mascot is a vital component within your organization’s marketing strategy. Think about your audience—your public – your Peeps. What are ways to interact with them physically—in public? Talk to us what you want to accomplish with the mascot — we’ve been working closely with clients on their mascot programs for 25 years. We’ve been around the block a few time. We’ll guide you through ordering your custom mascot.
A Significant Investment
Your company typically budgets and spends considerable amounts on on advertising, print, etc. An investment in a durable, effective, high-quality, physical, branding character will create a warm and fuzzy ROI for sure! You understand the importance of brand awareness. Utilizing different media is a smart, standard approach… start thinking about a mascot as new media.
Creating your Mascot Costume
We tailor our creation process to meet your needs. In general though, here’s how it works:
1. We ask you for as much information as you can provide about what you think you might want – for example:
- Do you have a character design?
- Do you need one of our designers to design the mascot or tweak & update a current design?
- What is your timeline?
- Do you know what you want to achieve with your mascot?
- Will your mascot travel locally? regionally? nationally? all around the world?
- Will your mascot need a wardrobe or just one outfit?
- How often will your mascot be used?
…after chatting, emailing, texting and meeting (if possible or necessary) — we will generate ideas for the look of the mascot. At this point, AvantGarb will craft a proposal with description, timeline & costs.
2. Once a deposit is made —the fun begins!
3. One of our designers will start making character renderings!!! Changes in shape, color, expression, size of ears, length of tail, etc., will be made to the sketches until you are satisfied with the concept/drawing.
4. When you have approved the design, we will put together a package with approved design, fabric and fuzz swatch samples – for your approval AND…. we will begin work on your mascot(s).
5. We begin drafting patterns, custom-dying fabric, ordering materials, sculpting the body, cobbling BIG mascot shoes, embroidering logos, and more.
6. After the preliminary work is finished, we begin putting the mascots together. We can also create mascot wardrobes – from tee shirts to tuxedos to swimsuits to sunglasses to tutus. We will make sure your mascot has the right attire for the occasion.
7. When your mascot is complete, the mascot is shipped to you.
And you’ll welcome home a valuable new member – a real warm fuzzy to your marketing team.